List Of Competitive Exams After Graduation in 2023
Have you graduated only recently? Trying to figure out the next step? Or are you pursuing your graduation while preparing for the competitive entrance exams? Regardless, India has several competitive exams for which graduates are eligible to appear. This can be for a government job or for admission to premier educational institutes. Millions of students […] The post List Of Competitive Exams After Graduation in 2023 appeared first on Chegg India.
Have you graduated only recently? Trying to figure out the next step? Or are you pursuing your graduation while preparing for the competitive entrance exams? Regardless, India has several competitive exams for which graduates are eligible to appear. This can be for a government job or for admission to premier educational institutes.
Millions of students appear for competitive exams after graduation. The entrance exams open doors for government jobs and help students build bright careers. However, having so many competitive exams can be confusing for students. So, making the right decision might be a little tough.
This article compiles several competitive exams after graduation that students can apply for. This list of 15 entrance exams, although challenging, can help students make informed decisions.
List of Competitive Exams after Graduation
A person can decide between jobs by learning about the tests for graduates. Here we will look at exams that may help them get work after graduation and learn about their criteria.
Civil Services Examination
The Civil Services Examination is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). It is one of the most prestigious competitive exams after graduation for recruiting candidates for various civil service posts. The posts include respected and dignified positions like IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS, etc.
It is one of the toughest government examinations in the country. The exam is conducted in 3 phases: prelims, mains, and personal interview (P.I.). Once the candidates clear the exam and are recruited, allotment is done after completing compulsory training.
- Graduates from any discipline are eligible to take this test.
- The registration period will last from February 1 through February 21, 2023.
- The preliminary examination could take place on May 28, 2023.
- And the main exam is scheduled for September 15, 2023.
Indian Economic Service Examination
UPSC conducts the Indian Economic Service Examination (IESE) (Union Public Service Commission). The examination is held for direct entry into the IES (Indian Economic Service). Candidates are also selected for executive positions in the Indian government that require economics and statistical specialists.
The Indian Economic Service (IES) is part of the Government of India’s Group A of Central Civil Services. The selected applicants will be involved in developing and implementing India’s economic policies and plans. The exam is divided into two parts: the written round and the P.I. (Personal Interview).
Criteria for eligibility:
- A candidate must be 21 years old and not older than 30. Subject to changes in the upper age limit for such types as the government may declare.
- The test is on June 24-26, with registration beginning on April 6 as in prior years.
Indian Statistical Service Examination
The UPSC holds the ISS examination every year. The test selects Grade IV officials for statistical planning groups or boards. The Indian Statistical Service (ISS) is part of the executive branch’s Group A Central Civil Service.
The exam is taken offline and is divided into two parts: the written round and the personal interview. Civil recruits must be highly skilled in statistical approaches and their implementation. When candidates are hired, they must complete a probationary training program.
- An applicant has a Postgraduate Diploma in Economics or Business from a college, State Legislatures in India, or from another Educational Institute.
- An applicant for the Indian Statistical Service must have a degree in Statistics.
- Students with statistics are welcome to apply to competitive exams after graduation.
The dates for this exam may change. Hence, students must check the official website.
Combined Defence Services Examination (CDSE)
The CDS Examination is conducted twice a year by UPSC. It is one of the tough competitive exams after graduation conducted for recruiting candidates in the defense services like the army, navy, and air force. The candidates who qualify and clear the exams must undergo mandatory training before joining the ranks.
- Candidates undergo training at Indian Military Academy in Dehradun.
- Candidates recruited in the navy undergo training at Indian Naval Academy in Ezhimala.
- Candidates in the air force undergo training at Air Force Academy in Hyderabad.
Date of exam: 16th April 2023 and 3rd September 2023.
National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination
The NDA and N.A. UPSC conducts the examination. The examination is conducted to admit the candidates to NDA serving in the Army, Navy, and Air Force wings. The qualified candidates are trained and eligible to join the Defence Forces of India.
To give these competitive exams after graduation, candidates must have good eyes. And males are 157 cm tall, and females must be 152 cm tall. This test is open to graduates with majors in Physics, Chemistry, or Mathematics.
Date of the exam: 16th April 2023 and 3rd September 2023.
Combined Medical Services Examination
The UPSC conducts the CMSE to recruit medical officers for a variety of government organizations. Qualified applicants are engaged by organizations such as Indian Ordnance Factories, Municipalities, and Railways. The competitive test hires medical graduates for positions as medical officers in several central government services.
The selection is made via an online written test consisting of two papers. The exam is given once a year, and the maximum age is 32. The exam is administered to the guidelines of India’s Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- A candidate must have the practical MBBS to give a competitive exam after graduation.
- A student who has taken or is about to take the final MBBS test may also apply.
- An applicant for this test must be under 32 on August 1, 2022, which means the candidate was born no earlier than 1990.
Date of the exam: 16th July 2023.
Engineering Services Examinations
The ESE is conducted by UPSC for the recruitment of candidates in officer grade to serve across various technical functions. The appointed recruits work as Class-I officers. The officers work in large sectors like Telecommunications, Power, Railways, Defense service, Central water engineering, etc.
The Commission will choose candidates for the positions via preliminary and main examinations. The online applications were from September 14, 2022, to October 4, 2022.
To submit the application form, candidates must pay Rs 200 as an application fee.
- These competitive exams after graduation are open to engineering graduates.
- The age group is 21-30 years.
- There are 339 open vacancies.
Date of the exam: 19th February (Preliminary), 25th June 2023 (main).
Staff Selection for different cadres
The Combined Graduate Level (CGL) competitive exam after graduation is by the SSC. The SSC CGL test is available to Indians and individuals of Indian heritage. Nepalese and Bhutanese citizens should be aged between 18 and 32 with a diploma from an institute.
There is an age relaxation clause for candidates from reserved categories. To be an officer or upper divisional clerk, one must please physical requirements.
SSC Multitasking Staff (MTS) Exam 2022 is by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC). To hire candidates for Group D positions in various central government ministries. Their primary responsibility is to help higher-level officials and to keep the agency running. It is one of the easiest competitive exams after graduation.
The 4 tiers of the exam will be held in May, September, November, and December 2023.
Exam for different posts through the Reserve Bank of India Services Board
The exam fulfils different positions for the Reserve Bank of India. RBI is India’s central bank. It regulates the whole banking system of the country. RBI conducts examinations for recruitment across various posts.
The RBI Grade B and RBI Assistant are the two most important competitive exams after graduation applied by candidates. RBI Grade B exam recruits candidates to fill the position of Grade B Officers in the General Cadre. RBI Assistant Exam recruits candidates for clerical
- Graduates from any field can apply.
- Applicants between 21 and 30 years can apply.
- The number of tries is likewise limited. Students from the general class who have done the Phase I test six times before applying cannot give.
Tentative dates for RBI Grade B exam: April (Phase 1) and May (Phase 2), 2023.
Dates for RBI Assistant exam: February (Prelims) and November (Mains), 2023.
Exam for Development Officers and others through National Bank for Agriculture & Rural Development (NABARD)
The NABARD exam is conducted annually to recruit candidates for Grade A and B posts. NABARD conducts the exam as Grade A and Grade B exams. The Grade A exam is for recruiting Assistant Managers (Grade-A Officers), and the Grade B exam is for recruiting Managers (Grade-B Officers).
The exam is divided into three phases: prelims, mains, and personal interviews. NABARD is a financial institution that is involved in financing agricultural as well as rural development in India.
- This exam is open to graduates who meet certain percentage requirements.
- Only interviews will select candidates for the position of Assistant Manager.
- Graduation is the need for NABARD Grade A. But, criteria change depending on the position.
- The percentage should be 60.
Tentative dates for Grade A: September 2023 (Prelims), Mains date to be announced.
Tentative dates for Grade B: September 2023 (Prelims), Mains date to be announced.
Exam for Telecom Officers in the Department of Telecommunications
The Indian Post and Telecommunication Accounts and Finance Services are the civil services. Or competitive exams held in India by the UPSC after graduation. The test is in India to recruit for the Department of Telecom and the Department of Posts. The Indian Post and Telecommunication Accounts are a Union of India Group.
- A candidate must be an Indian citizen, a Nepalese subject, or a Bhutanese subject.
- A Bachelor’s Diploma from any of the reputed colleges.
- A candidate must be at least 21 years old and not have reached the age of 30 on the first of August of the examination year.
GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is a competitive exam for engineering graduates. One of the most appeared competitive exams after graduation, the exam is conducted jointly by IISc (Indian Institute of Science) and IITs on behalf of NCB (National Coordination Board)- GATE.
The exam is an entrance examination for candidates to become eligible to pursue
their post-graduate degree in engineering in IISc, IITs, and other elite engineering colleges of India. The GATE score gives an entry to master a program like M.Tech, M.E, and even Ph.D. in some institutes. Qualified candidates are also entitled to a scholarship.
Date of exam: 4th, 5th, 11th, and 12th February 2023
Engineering Graduates are eligible to apply for this exam.
Common Entrance Exam for Design (CEED) is a competitive exam conducted by IIT Bombay on behalf of the Ministry of Human Resource & Development. The exam is conducted for students to take admission to the Master of Design (M.Des) course in IISc and across the top IITs of the country.
- Candidates must have finished a degree/diploma/PG Degree program of at least three years.
- Be in the final exam of such a program, or students who have secured graduation in BE/B.Tech/B.Arch.
- The qualifying entrance to institutes may vary from those for taking the CEED. Before CEED, candidates should ensure that they please the eligibility for admission.
- There is no age restriction for applying for the CEED test, and candidates can take it many times.
- Date of Exam: 22nd January 2023
NIFT Entrance Exam
The National Institute of Fashion Technology takes competitive exams after graduation admission. In campuses for B.Des, BF.Tech, M.Des, MFM, and MFTech. NIFT 2023 will be in Online-Remote Proctored style in the first week of Feb 2023.
The NIFT entrance test 2023 for BDes, BFTech and MFM will begin at 10. And MDes will start at 2.30 p.m., according to the timetable. Candidates who desire to study B.F.Tech from NIFT. Or B.E/B. Tech from any University taking the entrance test should verify that they meet the NIFT conditions.
- Candidates must have passed their 12th from a certified Board of Secondary Education.
- Students in the last year of their qualification exams can also sit NIFT 2023.
- The application for the NIFT entrance exam will be in early December 2022. It will close on the third weekend of January 2023.
XLRI Jamshedpur administers the Xavier Aptitude Test at the national level. The XAT test 2023 will be on January 8, and XAT registration is currently open online. XLRI Jamshedpur announced the XAT test date on August 8, and registrations began on August 10. Registration for the XAT 2023 test will close on Nov 30, 2022. This year’s XAT test cost is INR 2,000.
The test design and structure have not changed. According to the XAT 2023 notice, except for the essay writing, in XAT 2022. Candidates must complete graduation from a recognized University.
To be eligible to take the competitive exams after graduation. A person must meet the following XAT eligibility criteria:
- Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in any field from a reputed university.
- Students in their last year of a bachelor’s degree or awaiting results are also eligible to apply.
- There are no minimum marks required for the XAT exam.
Competitive Exams after Graduation and Preparation
Chegg Expert Hiring is looking for subject matter experts in science, engineering, math, etc. Experts can choose their own work hours and answer questions from students worldwide. They will earn for every question answered, with top experts earning up to Rs. 1 lakh a month! Experts can thus solve doubts for students and constantly refresh their subject knowledge. Bonus: they will also get global academic exposure while also attending expert meet-ups, networking with peers, and skyrocketing their careers. All one needs to get started is to sign up.
Want to explore numerious options for your career path? Dive in to our guide on Career Options.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Which exam is best after graduation?
Ans. The best competitive test is a student’s choices and subjects of study. Yet, the UPSC examination is one of the best in India. It can be the most difficult due to the syllabus. Every year, over 8-10 lakh students take this test, and the level of competitiveness is also high.
Q2. Which exam is easy after graduation?
Ans. SSC Multitasking Staff (MTS) Exam 2022 is by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC). To hire candidates for Group D positions in various central government ministries. Their primary responsibility is to help higher-level officials. And to keep the agency running. It is one of the easiest competitive exams after graduation.
Q3. Which government job is best after graduation?
Ans. There are numerous government career opportunities available, but you must pass an entrance exam to be eligible. The Indian Civil Service is regarded as the most prestigious of all government jobs.
However, you must pass the UPSC exams, which include prelims, mains, and a personal interview. After passing all stages, you would be able to fill some of the top posts in the Indian government.
Q4. Which is the toughest exam after graduation?
Ans. The UPSC Govt Jobs Exams are to recruit applicants for senior jobs in the central government. The test covers various services, such as IAS, IPS, and IFS. The UPSC curriculum is quite broad, covering a wide range of disciplines. Making it one of the most difficult competitive exams after graduation in India. Also, two rounds of written test and the PI makes UPSC tougher.
The post List Of Competitive Exams After Graduation in 2023 appeared first on Chegg India.